Balsamic-glazed Fish Fillets
- 4 (6 oz.) skinless fish fillets, ¾ to 1 inch thick
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. finely minced shallot
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. finely chopped oregano
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped herbs such as chives, parsley or basil
Place the fish in a shallow dish. Combine the vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic shallot, parsley, oregano, and pepper. Pour over fish, cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hrs, turning fish at least once.
Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill pan brushed with olive oil over medium heat. Place the fish on the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for 1 – 5 more minutes, until desired degree of doneness. The time will vary depending on the type of fish and the thickness of the fillets.
Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of fresh herbs.