Clever Kale Slaw
- 3 cups shredded kale or Swiss chard
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- Optional: use 1 cup prepackaged coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup chopped raw cashews
- ½ cup Fat-free mayo or Miracle Whip
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ pkt Stevia (opt.)
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano, finely chopped (or ½ tsp. dried)
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (or ½ tsp. dried)
- 1/3 tsp. curry powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup blueberries or raspberries
Combine kale, cabbage, carrot and nuts.
In a small mixing bowl, combine fat-free mayo, vinegar, stevia, spices, oregano and thyme. Whisk until mixture is blended well.
Toss with salad mix.
Allow salad to refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to serving if possible so flavors can “marry”.
This salad tastes better the following day after the flavors marry and the kale has a chance to absorb some of the dressing.