Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large (about 2 ¼ lbs) sweet potatoes, peeled and each cut into 8 pieces
- 3 Tbl. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teas. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teas. ground red pepper
- ¼ teas. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbl. snipped chives, optional
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Place the potatoes on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, black pepper, red pepper and cinnamon. Toss to combine ingredients.
Bake for about 40 minutes, until brown and soft, turning twice during cooking.
Sprinkle with chives, if desired.