Chicken and Mango Tango
(Chicken and sweet peppers dance with chunks of fresh mango in a spicy dressing.)
- 1/3 cup low-fat, vanilla-flavored yogurt
- 1 ½ Tbsp. each lime juice and mango chutney (find near ketchup in stores)
- 1 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- ½ tsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. each ground cumin, ground coriander, and paprika
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips or cubes
- 2 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups peeled, sliced mangoes
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 8 cups torn romaine or mixed lettuces
+Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside until ready to use.
+Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok. Add chicken, gingerroot, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink. Add mangoes, bell peppers, and green onions. Cook for 3 more minutes, until peppers begin to soften and mangoes are heated through. Stir in dressing. Remove from heat.
+Divide lettuce among 4 serving plates. Spoon warm chicken and mango mixture over lettuce. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.