Eata Fajita Salad
(Warm chicken fajita salad with chili-lime dressing)
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 ½ Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 packet Splenda
- ¼ tsp. each chili powder and ground cumin
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup each sliced green and red bell peppers
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- ½ cup salsa
- 2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh cilantro
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- ½ cup shredded, fat-free cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
+In a small bowl, combine sour cream, 1 ½ Tbsp. of the lime juice, Splenda, chili powder, and cumin. Refrigerate dressing until ready to use.
+Spray a large, non-stick wok or skillet with non-stick spray. Add chicken. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink. Continue to cook until chicken is lightly browned. Add peppers and onions. Cook for 3 more minutes. Add salsa and cook for 2 more minutes.
+Stir in remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice and cilantro. Mix well. Remove from heat.
+To assemble salad, divide lettuce among 4 serving plates. Top with warm chicken mixture. Spoon dressing over salad. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.