(Crustless crab and mushroom quiche)
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup each diced onions and diced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups fat-free egg substitute
- ¾ cup evaporated 2 % milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. dry mustard powder
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. canned, fresh, or frozen lump crabmeat (see note below)
- ¾ cup shredded, fat-free sharp cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
+Spray a large, non-stick saucepan with non-stick spray. Add mushrooms, onions, red pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
+In a large bowl, whisk together egg substitute, milk, Parmesan cheese, mustard powder, and pepper. Stir in crabmeat, mushroom mixture, cheddar cheese, and green onions. Pour into a 9” deep-dish quiche pan or pie plate that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
+Bake quiche at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until firm to touch. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Makes 6 servings.
Hint: If using canned crabmeat, drain well before adding to other ingredients. Thaw frozen