Asparagus & Turkey Bacon Omelet
- 10 stalks asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. water, divided
- 2 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup liquid egg substitute
- ¼ cup shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Bring asparagus and ¼ cup water to a boil in a small non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Cover and cook until the asparagus is slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until the water has evaporated, 1 – 2 minutes.
Add turkey bacon and oil to the pan and stir to coat. Pour in egg substitute, reduce heat to med-low and continue cooking, stirring constantly with a heat-proof rubber spatula, until the egg is starting to set, about 20 seconds. Continue cooking, lifting the edges so the uncooked egg will flow underneath, until mostly set, about 30 seconds more.
Sprinkle cheese and pepper over the omelet. Lift up an edge of the omelet and drizzle the remaining 1 Tbsp. water under it. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until the egg is completely set and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Fold over using the spatula and serve.