Chicken Noodle Soup with Dill
- 10 cups chicken broth, homemade or fat-free, reduced-sodium canned
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 oz. dried yolk-free egg noodles (2 cups)
- 4 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken (about 1 lb.)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, or to taste
Bring broth to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add carrots, celery, ginger and garlic; cook, uncovered, over medium heat until vegetables are just tender, about 20 minutes.
Add noodles and chicken; continue cooking until the noodles are just tender, 8 – 10 minutes. Stir in dill and lemon juice.