- 1 lb. peeled baking potatoes, cut into ¼”-thick strips
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp. sea salt, divided
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. whole-grain Dijon mustard, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 lb. lean flank steak (all fat removed)
- 2 tsp. freshly minced parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Toss potatoes with oil; add rosemary and ¼ tsp. sea salt. Place in a single layer on baking sheet.
Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden, tossing halfway through. Remove from oven, and gently loosen with a spatula; keep warm.
Place oven rack at highest position; preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, pepper, thyme and remaining ¼ tsp. salt in a large dish. Add steak; marinate at room temperature 20 minutes, turning occasionally. Broil for 6-7 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from oven; let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into 4 equal portions.
Divide steak and fries evenly among plates. Garnish with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with mustard.