Yoga 101: The Basics
60 Minute Yoga class
Class Meeting Times:
- Tuesday in Peoria 945am
- Thursday in Morton 630pm
- Tuesday in Morton 630pm
- Thursday in Peoria 945am
If there is a interest in Sat class in Peoria we will add it at 630am
Aubriana Sturdivant | email@example.com
Pranayama breathing exercises and meditation- 5 minutes Vinyasa yoga- 45 minutes Closing postures/stretches and mediation- 5 minutes
From the perspective of the student the aim should be to incorporate these basic principles, to help manage one’s well being mentally and physically, on and off the mat.
- By the end of these five weeks, students will: Learn the chakra system by incorporating Hatha yoga to renew, invigorate, and heal the body - stretching and toning the muscles, joints, and spine and directing blood and oxygen to the internal organs (including the glands and nerves).
- Hatha Yoga- The most associated type of yoga that is common among western teachings. This has to do with the physical movements, postures, and connecting the breath to those movements.
- First week- Root (Muladhara) and Sacral (Svadhisthana)
- Second week- Solar Plexus(Manipura) and Heart(Anahata)
- Third week- Throat(Vishuddha) and Third Eye(Ajna)
- Fourth week- Crown(Sahasrana)
- Fifth week will end with a set of sequences building up into intermediate with asanas from each previous week.
Each week we’ll be focusing on these energy centers and getting more attuned to our natural body.
Yoga has been around for more than 5,000 years. Throughout this time, many teachers and students have exchanged information and passed it down for the next generation to study and practice. With this course, I hope to share the knowledge of getting to “Know Thyself”. Starting with the fundamentals, this information will help join body and mind together on a path of self-exploration, leading to a unifying experience. Yoga in Sanskrit means union, join, yoke. Regardless of your cultural background, the objective of self is to become one- unified. Yoga transcends societal structures and that is the beauty of this movement. No matter your beliefs, knowledge of self will open the doors, to lead you back to that inner child who is brimming with curiosity and the power to be authentically you.
Spontaneous, honest and authentic to herself—Aubriana engages with love. Helping others with yoga is one of the most ultimate ways she expresses her love. Yoga has been a part of Aubriana’s life for the past two years and will be for the rest of her life. Fully committed to this life long journey, she can’t wait to share the experience with you!
Always respect your body and know your limits. Be certain of your physical abilities and limitations before attempting any yoga pose. There will be modifications for certain asanas that will be shown before the starting sequence.
This course is committed to providing an atmosphere for learning that respects diversity. While working together to build this class I ask all students to:
- Be open to the views of others
- Honor the uniqueness of their classmates
- Appreciate the opportunity that we have to learn from each other in this class
- Use this opportunity together to create an enriching environment
|Spine stretches and
Foot grounding techniques
|Hip opening and Fluid
|Class 3||Solar Plexus
|Core and Balance|
|Chest opening and Shoulder
|Affirmations and Connection|
|Class 6||Third Eye
|Expanding meditation and
|Strong foundation and
Opening the crown
|Strong foundation and
Opening the crown
|Class 9||Root to Crown||Full integration|
|Class 10||Root to Crown||Full integration|
*Classes not shown: Saturday Free Flow’s
- $69.00 for 5-week yoga package (2x) a week for personal training clients only
- $89.00 for non member for five week yoga package (2x) a week
- $12.00 pop in rate
Questions? Ready to sign up?
Any questions regarding the content of the yoga classes direct to Aubriana at 550-0202.
For scheduling contact Mark at 657-8590.