- 1 Tbs. corn starch
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- ½ cup cold water
- ¼ cup vegetable broth or 2 tsp. refined coconut oil for sautéing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs. ginger, finely grated
- 14 oz. package firm or very firm tofu for vegetarians
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup bok choy, thinly chopped
- ½ cup snow peas
- ¼ cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, cut in 2” pieces
- ¼ cup shaved almonds
In advance, prepare sauce. Mix cornstarch, soy sauce, sesame oil and water. Blend well and set aside.
Heat the vegetable broth or water in a non-stick wok or large skillet over medium heat. If not using a non-stick wok (or adding tofu or shrimp), you may have to use unrefined coconut oil for sautéing.
Add ginger and garlic for about a minute.
Add either tofu or shrimp and stir for about a minute.
Add carrots and broccoli for about a minute.
Add mushrooms and bok choy for an additional 2 minutes.
Add snow peas, sprouts and green onions last, for about one minute.
Add sauce and mix into vegetables until thickened for about 10-20 seconds.
Serve hot. You may choose to serve over brown rice or barley.