Burger, She Wrote
(Teriyaki-seasoned chicken/turkey burgers for the barbecue)
- 2 pounds skinless ground chicken or turkey
- 2 slices thin 100% whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 1/3 cup minced green onions
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 packets Splenda brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. grated gingerroot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 6 Arnold buns
- Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and your favorite burger toppings
+In a large bowl, combine chicken, bread crumbs, onions, and egg white. Mix well (using your hands).
+In a small bowl, combine ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar (Splenda), gingerroot, garlic and olive oil. Add 3 Tbsp. of this mixture to meat, and mix well. Reserve remaining sauce to brush on burgers while grilling.
+Shape meat mixture into 6 patties. Cook burgers over medium-hot coals for about 5 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Baste with reserved sauce.
+Serve on buns with your favorite toppings.
Makes 6 burgers.