Mediterranean Portobello Burger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 Portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
- 4 large slices sourdough bread, cut in half
- ½ cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup crumbled fat-free feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 Tbsp. red-wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 cups loosely packed mixed baby salad greens
Preheat grill to medium-high
Mash garlic on a cutting board with the side of a knife until it’s a smooth paste. Mix the paste with 1 Tbsp. oil in a small dish. Lightly brush the oil mixture over portobellos and then on one side of each slice of bread.
Combine red peppers, tomato, feta, olives, vinegar, oregano and the remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl.
Grill the mushroom caps until tender, about 4 minutes per side; grill the bread until crisp, about 1 minute per side.
Toss salad greens with the red pepper mixture. Place the grilled mushrooms top-side down on 4 half-slices of the bread. Top with the salad mixture and the remaining bread.