The EatingWell Tuna Melt
- 4 slices 100% whole-wheat bread
- 2 6-oz. cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 1 medium shallot, minced (2 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp. fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. minced flat-leaf parsley
- Dash of hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese
Preheat the broiler.
Toast bread in a toaster.
Combine tuna, shallot, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, hot sauce and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread ¼ cup of the tuna mixture on each slice of toast; top with tomato slices and 2 Tbsp. cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown, 3 – 5 min. Serve immediately.